Thumb
Embed

Stats

Views
Favourites
18 (who?)
Comments
Thread Bound by CHAOKOCartoons Thread Bound by CHAOKOCartoons
The cover for my web comic themed fan game in development, Thread Bound. This is probably my most time consuming piece of art yet.:D (Big Grin) 
More information here: chaokocartoons.deviantart.com/…
(Note, this cover art was deemed un-canon after the removal of Lucy)

Trace is owned by :icontwokinds:
Peanut is owned by :iconrickgriffin:
Cloud and Lilith are both owned by :iconfroggiechan:
Mace and Whip are both owned by :icondreamkeepers:
*pant* *pant* *pant* :exhausted: 
Lucy is owned by :icontaeshilh:
Freddy is owned by :iconhukley:
Cheetah Kid, Taylor, and Thread Bound are all owned/made by me, :iconchaokocartoons:
PHEWWWWWW, that was a mouthful...Exhausted - NaNoEmo Day 28
Add a Comment:

:iconsixala:
Sixala Featured By Owner Aug 24, 2014  Hobbyist Digital Artist
so that's where Lucy went :D
:iconriolunation:
RioluNation Featured By Owner Aug 15, 2014  Student Artist
Awesome! =D
:iconezioauditore97:
ezioauditore97 Featured By Owner Aug 12, 2014  Student General Artist
Very nice work!
:iconzecketo:
zecketo Featured By Owner Aug 12, 2014  Hobbyist
:D
:icond-rock92:
D-Rock92 Featured By Owner Aug 8, 2014  Hobbyist General Artist
Started thinking, how about a height comparison chart?
:iconchaokocartoons:
CHAOKOCartoons Featured By Owner Aug 8, 2014  Student Traditional Artist
That requires a bit of studying that I am ABSOLUTELY willing to do.:D (Big Grin) 
D-Rock92 Featured By Owner Aug 8, 2014  Hobbyist General Artist
Thought came up after I did sprite comparisons of everyone. Okay, the reason I even have the sprites saved is because I originally wanted to make perler bead art of everyone's attack animations. Don't have all the needed colors, plus I get home tired from work not really wanting to do anything intensive.

Anyway, after looking at them, I noticed that Peanut specifically is really tall compared to the others. Granted, I shouldn't always take sprite art as completely representative, but it stuck out. I think Peanut would be around four feet tall, Freddy looks about three feet, Cloud I thought was around five feet, no idea as to Trace, Mace, Lilith, and Lucy, but I thought that Lilith and Trace were adults, so maybe five to six feet?

In the end, I do think I prefer how they look in the concept art.
:iconchaokocartoons:
CHAOKOCartoons Featured By Owner Aug 8, 2014  Student Traditional Artist
The reason Peanut appears taller than the rest of the characters in his sprite is due to the art style translations. That and his sprite was the first few sprites I had done for an Anthro character. His designs also drastically differs from the other Anthro characters, so they where easier to translate. The main problem occurred when spriting his left and right poses because of his hair and ear height. The perspective of the up and down sprite made it so that it was barely visible, in other words that is his actual height. I'll send you the down attack sprites via e-mail for reference.:) (Smile) 

I think Freddy is somewhere between 2 and 3ft, not sure since the character heights in S&F are very different to the rest of the comics. Pretty sure you're right about Peanut being 4ft. Mace is probably between 3 and 4ft. Cloud and Lucy are most likely 5ft (Lucy also varies because of art stile changes). Trace and Lilith are either in the high 5's or the low 6's.

Honestly, I also prefer their concept appearances, much easier to draw em' than sprite them with 64x64 canvasesGiggle 
D-Rock92 Featured By Owner Aug 9, 2014  Hobbyist General Artist
Wow. Never would have guessed that Mace was that short. Still, looks good with everyone as they are here, even if they're sitting. I mean, accurate heights didn't matter in Smash Bros., right? I would like to see those sprites, see what the major differences are. I am also rather impressed with sprite work in general. A ton of work for every character, even more if they're playable.
:iconleokingdom10:
Leokingdom10 Featured By Owner Aug 8, 2014   Traditional Artist
Awesome
Add a Comment: