Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login
Thread Bound - NEW Official Cover Art/Title Screen by CHAOKOCartoons Thread Bound - NEW Official Cover Art/Title Screen by CHAOKOCartoons
FINALLY. AFTER MONTHS OF WORKING ON THIS IT'S DONE. And I can't feel my hands!I am a dummy! 
This is the updated version of the cover art/Title Screen, you can see the old version here (it was before Lucy was removed and Sesame was added to the game): Thread Bound by CHAOKOCartoons
If you where hoping for a Chaoko Draws of this, sadly there wont be because I hadn't thought about making those when I started working on this, and even sped up from the different sessions I drew this in x8 it would still probably be like 3 hours long or in multiple parts.

There will be another size of it for the title screen, and I may make a wallpaper version of it.

And now, for the "fun" part.:sighs: 
*takes long breath*
Trace is owned by :icontwokinds:
Peanut is owned by :iconrickgriffin:
Cloud and Lilith are both owned by :iconaroughcun:
Mace is owned by :icondreamkeepers:
*pant* *pant* *pant* :exhausted: 
Sesame is owned by :iconuberquest:
Freddy is owned by :iconhukley:
Cheetah Kid, Taylor, Grithake, Mita, Prince Mint, the Woven, and Thread Bound are all owned/made by me, :iconchaokocartoons:
I dreaded saying all that the most when I was drawing this, it never get's any easier...Exhausted - NaNoEmo Day 28
Add a Comment:

:iconbloomingdaemon:
BloomingDaemon Featured By Owner Sep 5, 2015  Hobbyist General Artist
"YOU LIT THE BONFIRE!"
Dark Souls Reference. Sorry, just had to. White Wolf La 
:iconultraman400:
ultraman400 Featured By Owner Aug 26, 2015  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
So awesome.
:iconshadowdancerbrony:
ShadowDancerBrony Featured By Owner Jun 18, 2015
Pretty awesome work.
:iconrevan005:
Revan005 Featured By Owner Jun 12, 2015
Awesome work!:D
:icongabrielsthoughts:
GabrielsThoughts Featured By Owner Apr 24, 2015
I'm not sure I understand. Is this a fan fiction of some kind? I see a link with '(April Fools Joke)', and it says demo download. So, I can assume it is a game parody of some sort, perhaps round robin? I need more information before I start clicking on random links I can't afford to be rick rolled more than once. 
:iconchaokocartoons:
CHAOKOCartoons Featured By Owner Apr 24, 2015  Student Traditional Artist
This is a web comic cross over RPG that I have currently been developing for over a year. It plays a lot like the game Kingdom Hearts. The April Fools Demo was a demo where you are thrown into a map with waves of enemies, and it was impossible to win. It also has many bugs since it was made in the middle of me fixing stuff. The real demo will hopefully be released soon, but I am unsure when exactly.

There's more information on the game in some of my previous journals if you want to know more, the blog isn't quite finished yet so you'll have to sift through those for nowSweating a little... 
GabrielsThoughts Featured By Owner Apr 25, 2015
Thank you. I appreciate the response. I know you like kingdom hearts, but do you use Gurps? because there is more than one way to set up such a game. And, something tells me it would be a bit faster. 
CHAOKOCartoons Featured By Owner Apr 25, 2015  Student Traditional Artist
I've never been one to stick to a template of sorts or do anything "generic". While it may be RPG's in general, Thread Bound is an action RPG with 3D esque movement features and physics. All the spells have to be made to fit the physics of the game, and the stats and leveling up system are set up to change the way to play an action RPG.
It may share very similar traits to Kingdom Hearts, I have branched and changed the gameplay and features of the game to make it unique and a new kind of experience. I know, it is making the game take longer than it could, but I want it to be more than just a standard RPG. Even though it is a "fan game", I want it to be treated and remembered as it's own game.:) (Smile) 
GabrielsThoughts Featured By Owner Apr 25, 2015
First impression upon hearing the stats and leveling system are revolutionary...

"Thank God! no more grinding  Twink me up Scotty!"  >:3

ROTFLOLcopter

Changing the way a game is played sounds very interesting. When I was a teenager I played a lot of ps1rpgs and I managed to accomplish a lot for not knowing how to move stats around until Yuffie stole materia. I also didn't know she and Vincent were secret characters until a few moments ago. Oh the internet how wonderful... I just barreled through completely ignorant of mechanics and had fun. 

I can see how something generic could be a problem if it's studied to the point of loosing it's personality. Rule of identical elements not withstanding, I'm curious as to how you intend to make a new kind of action platforming experience. Short of Log Horizon, SAO's immersive technology, zero theorem interactive technology, or people spontaneously developing "*The Gamer" ability, I really do wonder and find myself curious about what you mean. Are the unique revolutionary elements featured therapeutic, cognitive(thinking), visual, meta (a way of keeping the secret formula under your hat), or comedic?

I kind of understand what you mean about the finer details involved in the game making process taking longer than it could. I mean, Dust: Elysian whatever was one of those things that took longer than its creator thought it would take. But, since education is now mostly foundation and not skill building, the grind to get to the level you want, or the resources you need (or the ability to use the resources you need), to pull of the crowning moment of awesome is way more difficult when you do it on your own. Making something unique as a fingerprint, and TL7+H21k until someone can see it as TL9 is always a difficult burden to bare. Plus, you have a tremendous advantage. With the unity project and code[dot]org I'm sure there are many fledgling game designers who feel pretty awesome about the chance to get in extra training and experience for free. 

I wish you the best of luck, and with any measure of community support, I have no doubt you will succeed. And,in an effort to make something generic sound a bit more original, on heaven and earth grinding's the worst. 

*The Gamer is an english translated Korean webcomic you might like...  www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/th…
CHAOKOCartoons Featured By Owner Apr 25, 2015  Student Traditional Artist
Well, revolutionary would be a bit of an overstatement. I don't think I could make it THAT unique on my own.Giggle 
The game's stats still work in a way of EXP, but the game is intended to give you just enough experience to get by without having to do anything extra like grind or farm anything. The option is always there if you think you need it or just want to be 100% sure you will win a fight. The only time grinding might be required is for the epilogue and secret bosses, as they are optional.  Not to mention all fights in the game require you to be attentive because it is in real time, so you have to actually move around, switch party members, ect. Thus making grinding less monotonous and more interactive (if necessary). Not to mention that the characters are very much NOT bullet sponges, and their stats are very small numbers. There are a few other features besides that, but I'll wait for future updates to say them because A: they could change at any time in development, and B: I can't give away ALL my ideasWink/Razz 

Thank you! And thank you for the suggestion, I'll be sure to look into it when I get the time.:D (Big Grin) 
:iconezioauditore97:
ezioauditore97 Featured By Owner Apr 21, 2015  Student General Artist
Great conglomeration of characters dude!Looking forward to it! :)
:icona-fox-of-fiction:
A-Fox-Of-Fiction Featured By Owner Apr 20, 2015  Hobbyist Writer
What's this for?
CHAOKOCartoons Featured By Owner Apr 20, 2015  Student Traditional Artist
This is for my web comic cross over Action RPG, Thread Bound. It is currently under development.
Ah, a fangame then?
yusMeow :3 
Out of curiosity, why'd you remove Lucy?
All I can say is that having her in the game sparked some troubles with having other certain characters also in the game. I'd like to keep the matter at that, just know that I tried my best to keep her in.
A shame...I'd have loved to see her in this.
Anyways, could I ask some questions about the game? How well have you made it?
Of course!
The basic gameplay of the game has been completed (attacking, magic/ability use, summoning, choice making, ect) and the first 2 worlds have been completely made. The tile sets and map of Mekkan (the Twokinds world) is still under construction, along with a few other side features of the game such as an arena. Unfortunately the 001 game engine had an update that downgraded the dialogue option, but will be fixed later.

There is actually a fake demo that was released as an April Fools joke that has all of the current game play features (with a few bugs n' glitches). It's a good example of what the game will play like... if you can survive long enough to figure out what to do Giggle .

You can find the download link in this journal:  Thread Bound Demo Download! (April Fools Joke)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/ntkwog2b65tkwnu/Thread_Bound_Setup.rar
The full demo is out now! The font I made for the game is also in the file in case you need it to see the text. I'll probably make play through video for it soon, I'll tell you when I do :D
If you have any problems with it, do tell me :3

Be warned though, there is a bug where if you die and start a new game, your game will eventually crash while you're playing it. If you do not set it to windowed mode in the startup menu there will be no way to close the game without turning your computer off and on. In my opinion it's best to wait for the real demo to be released (unsure when that'll be).
(1 Reply)
:icond-rock92:
D-Rock92 Featured By Owner Apr 20, 2015  Hobbyist General Artist
If you mean which platform, then PC.
No, I mean is this for a fangame or something?
:icondralee:
dralee Featured By Owner Apr 20, 2015
cool~
:iconsolo-ion:
solo-ion Featured By Owner Apr 20, 2015
Doctor Who Animated Smiley Because crossovers are cool...

Nice work. I look forward to seeing where this is going.
:iconhazzardouseco:
HazzardousEco Featured By Owner Apr 20, 2015
Whoa...is this some sort of cross-over or collab?
This game is indeed a cross over. It is an Action RPG that features characters and worlds from multiple web comics. It was inspired by the game series "Kingdom Hearts".:) (Smile) 
It is currently in development, but is moving at a slow pace due to the fact that there :icond-rock92: is the only other person assisting me with it's development at the moment.
D-Rock92 Featured By Owner Apr 19, 2015  Hobbyist General Artist
Dang, man, this is incredible! Also, were you going for symbolism with Mint and Mita? Both are antagonistic, but one is in the light, the other in the dark, showing that they are of different walks. Also, grithake is really adorable here!
CHAOKOCartoons Featured By Owner Apr 19, 2015  Student Traditional Artist
There's quite a bit of symbolism here, that being one of them. Cant say the other things here though.
Yeah, funny enough I didn't even remeber that I had drawn Grithake partially holding Taylor's hand when I went back to do the base coloring and "Daaaw'd" out loud by accident Giggle 
D-Rock92 Featured By Owner Apr 19, 2015  Hobbyist General Artist
And I never noticed the hand deal to begin with.

Even more adorable!
:iconsaturnboy28:
SaturnBoy28 Featured By Owner Apr 19, 2015
Awesome! Great job, Chaoko! :D (Big Grin)
:iconwing693789:
wing693789 Featured By Owner Apr 19, 2015  Hobbyist Writer
this is cool!
CHAOKOCartoons Featured By Owner Apr 19, 2015  Student Traditional Artist
Thanks dude!:) (Smile) 
:iconwing693789:
wing693789 Featured By Owner Apr 19, 2015  Hobbyist Writer
no problem! thanks for the llama!
Add a Comment:

Details

Submitted on